1 onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tbsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp ground coriander
5 tomatoes, roughly diced
1 tbsp chilli powder
4 red chillies, finely chopped
3 red capsicums, chopped into 2cm pieces
3 cups cooked red kidney beans (drained if you use canned beans)
3 cups black beans (drained if you use canned beans)
2 tsp salt
Water or vegetable stock to cover
1 zucchini, chopped into 5cm pieces
¼ pumpkin, chopped into 5cm cubes
2 ripe avocados, mashed
Juice of 1 lemon or 2 limes
Handful of fresh coriander, leaves chopped
Salt & pepper, to taste
CASHEW SOUR CREAM
1 cup cashew nuts, soaked overnight or for 10 mins in hot water, the drained
1 cup water
Juice 2 limes or 1 lemon
2 cups cooked quinoa or brown rice
1. In a pot, add the onion, garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Add a dash of water to deglaze the pan.
2. Add cumin seeds, coriander powder, chilli powder, chillies, capsicum, cooked kidney beans and black beans. Add enough water or stock just to cover, then stir.
3. Cover with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes before adding the pumpkin and zucchini cubes. Remove the lid and simmer until thick. Season with salt and pepper.
4. To make the guacamole, add all the ingredients to a bowl, mash then season with salt and pepper.
5. To make the sour cream, place the drained cashews in a blender. Add water, lemon or lime juice and salt, then blend until a smooth consistency is reached.
6. Serve the red kidney bean chilli with the guacamole, cashew sour cream and cooked quinoa or rice.